Facelift and Mini-Facelift procedures can offer a comprehensive approach to treating facial looseness and sagging. The surgical procedure varies in range from minimally invasive (Minifacelift) to more extensive, depending on your needs. Both procedures can effectively remove excess skin, tighten underlying tissues and muscles, and re-drape the skin on the face and neck. It can correct mid-face sagging, jowls, neck and double chins. Throughout the US, thousands of men and women undergo successful facial surgery each year.
When To Consider A Facelift or Mini-Facelift:
– If you feel that your appearance does not reflect your spirit and level of energy
– If time has altered your appearance and you want to turn back the clock
– If you notice jowls forming, loose skin and wrinkles of the cheeks and neck
– Most people consider a Minifacelift in their 50’s…the younger you do it, the longer it lasts
– If you determine that your aging skin and appearance is a social or career obstacle
– A Facelift or Mini-Facelift can improve many areas of the face in one surgery
– Recontours the neck and jawline better than all other techniques
– Turns back the clock to a younger more youthful appearance.
– Your results will be improved if you have a minifacelift by age 55 and again at age 65.
– Facelifts and Mini-Facelifts will not create a new you, just a younger version of you
– There is some healing downtime associated with this procedure
– Depending on your age and skin type, you may want a secondary procedure later on
– We lose collagen and elasticity to our skin every year as we age. This will effect your results.
Am I A Good Candidate For A Facelift or Mini-Facelift?
Some facial characteristics that make you a good candidate for a Facelift or Mini-Facelift:
– Sagging skin in your mid-face and/or jawline
– Sagging in the jowls area
– Lines extending from each corner of your mouth down to your chin
– Loose skin and fatty deposits under the chin and jaw
– Creased and sagging skin in your neck
For most people, a Mini-Facelift can address your needs, and can be comfortably done under local anesthesia, in an office setting. If a person’s eyebrows and forehead are low and droopy then a Full Facelift may be necessary to help elevate and tighten those areas. The discussion between undergoing a Mini-Facelift or Full Facelift will be made during your consultation with the doctor.
Your first visit with Dr. Gaudet is full of information…you are not obligated to do surgery. We give you information to help you make the best decision for you. There are many choices available from surgery to office procedures. We want to give you all your options, based on the improvements you would like to see.
Let us walk you through a beautiful experience….603-431-5488
Charles J. Gaudet, MD, FACS
Piscataqua Plastic Surgery
330 Borthwick Avenue, Suite 206
Portsmouth, NH 03801